An undergraduate Slavic Linguistics major

Emily Tall mllemily at acsu.buffalo.edu
Tue Oct 28 03:58:45 UTC 1997

This isn't quite Slavic linguistics, but a good friend of mine was a
linguistics major (specializing in Germanic, I believe) at Brown Univ.
After getting disgusted with academe, she eventually worked for Bell Labs
in the field of automatic signal processing (I think that's what it's
called) and it has to do with speech recognition by computers. Her area of
specialization was phonetics and she learned a lot about computers and
electrical engineering on her own. E. Tall