LLT v. 2, n. 1 is available

Language Learning & Technology llt at hawaii.edu
Wed Aug 5 18:55:30 UTC 1998

We are happy to announce that Vol. 2, No. 1 of Language Learning &
Technology is now available at http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt .  This is a
special issue on "The Design and Evaluation of Multimedia Software," and
the contents are listed below.

Please visit the LLT web site and be sure to enter your free subscription
if you have not already done so.  Also, we welcome your submissions of
articles, reviews, and commentaries for Vol. 2, No. 2 and future issues as
well. Check our guidelines for submission at
http://polyglot.cal.msu.edu/llt/contrib.html .

Lucinda Hart-Gonzalez & Mark Warschauer, Editors
llt-editors at hawaii.edu

***Feature Articles***

1. Carol A. Chapelle,  "Multimedia CALL: Lessons to be Learned from
Research on Instructed SLA"

2. Jan L. Plass, "Design and Evaluation of the User Interface of Foreign
Language Multimedia Software: A Cognitive Approach"

3. Farzad Ehsani & Eva Knodt, "Speech Technology in Computer-Aided Language
Learning: Strengths and Limitations of a New CALL Paradigm"

4. Dorothy M. Chun, "Signal Analysis Software for Teaching Discourse
Intonation"

***Columns***

>>From the Editors
by Lucinda Hart-Gonzalez, Co-editor

>>From the Guest Editor
by Irene Thompson

On the Net
Using WWW Multimedia in the Foreign Language Classroom: Is This for Me?
by Jean W. LeLoup and Robert Ponterio

Emerging Technologies
New Developments in Digital Video
by Bob Godwin-Jones

Announcements
News from Sponsoring Organizations

***Reviews***

Computer Assisted Language Learning: Context and Conceptualization
Reviewed by Christine Leahy

Tripleplay Plus! English
Reviewed by Alison Mackey and Jung-Yoon Choi

***Call for Papers***

Theme: The Role of Computer Technology in Second Language Acquisition Research