Requesting assistance to find available expert

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at swarthmore.edu
Fri Aug 28 18:53:36 UTC 1998

Dorogie SEELANZHane,

I am posting this message with the permission of its author, who is looking
for experts in teaching Russian & agreed that the best thing was to post a
call at the very source thereof.

Please reply to this message to Ralph Todhunter at  <rmtod at onsitegroup.com>
, NOT to SEELANGS.

Sibelan Forrester
Swarthmore College

Mr. Forrester,      I am looking for one to three individuals who are
expert as teachers of the Russian language to English speaking people.
This for aspecial project (not volunteer and well paid) opportunity
involving the authoring of a brand new course designed for incorporation
into computer-based and on-line web-based training media. The persons need
not have any expertise in multimedia authoring.       If you could direct
me to any such individuals and/or certain likely key resource pools for
this kind of person, it would be greatly appreciated.     Please respond to
my email address at work as follows:   rmtod at onsitegroup.com/ .  You may
also call if you wish by phone toll free to (888)838-7483.       Again,
thank you for any assistance you can provide in this matter.

 Here is some more information about the project for those potentially
interested in participating:  We envision maybe one PhD and the rest to be
graduate students, assistant professors, etc.  The primary qualification is
simply the expertise. It could be a small team of, say, 3 people working
full time, or it could be a team twice or possibly even 3 times as large
working parttime. It could also be a combination of both, ie. some part
time and some full time.  The main controlling factor on the above will be
availability of persons most qualified to do the job.  We are expecting
that it will be most feasible to have a larger team of say 5 to 8 who will
all be part time, as those most qualified will almost certainly already be
employed full time in their existing jobs.     We also
believe there would be a production advantage if the team of experts
already live in geographical proximity to one another so as to operate
optimumly and easily as a production team.  Selection of team members would
best be accomplished by one familiar with all the different candidates,
with an eye towards putting together the best combination of individuals to
accomplish the task.     We envision one of the team members to be
designated as the team leader for project management and coordination
purposes, who would serve as the primary liaison between his/her team and
ourselves during the course of the project.  As the entire group of
personnel on the project will be at 3 or 4 different areas of the country,
in-person meetings of the entire project team, ie. your subject matter
experts and ourselves, would occur occasionally but the bulk of such
interaction would be by video conferencing from desktop computer to desktop
computer, with cameras and audio and email, which we would most likely
provide if the team members do not have all the parts of that equipment.
As I indicated in my memo yesterday,  the project essentially involves the
authoring and production of a computer-based (CD Rom) and web-based on-line
course to teach beginning through intermediate level Russian language
skills (including 30,000 words vocabulary) to English speaking people.  The
team of subject matter experts will produce the raw content (in word
processing form) which we will then work with to produce the standalone
multimedia courseware product.  This product will contain text, graphics,
video and audio combined as the medium of presentation and student
interaction. When complete, thousands of people will be making use of this
product to learn to speak the Russian language.     We estimate that the
project should commence in 2-3 months and take approximately a year and a
half to complete.  So we are working to get all teams in place as soon as
possible.  The client will be paying us at certain pre-determined project
milestones, so we will likewise prefer to pay all team members
pre-determined sums at those same milestones.  Payment amounts have not yet
been determined as we are still doing all the costing for the overall
project, but it will be reasonable and satisfactory.     I hope that
answers some of your initial questions.  If you or anyone else reading this
believe that you have a potential team, would personally like to
participate in the project, or can further direct me in this matter, or if
you have further questions, please contact me at rmtod at onsitegroup.com  or
call me toll-free at (888)838-7483.  If you call and I am out, please leave
a message and I will get back to you as soon as I can.  If you semd me
email, please send it to both my addresses, rmtod at home.com and
rmtod at onsitegroup.com/.  We are looking forward to hearing any and all
interested parties!   Best Regards, Ralph Todhunter