internet radio

Max Pyziur pyz at panix.com
Sat Dec 26 21:47:32 UTC 1998

A long time ago Benjamin Rifkin wrote:

> Dear Colleagues:
>
> I am trying to track down sources of radio broadcasts by internet for Slavic
> and East European cultures OTHER THAN RUSSIAN.  I am familiar with the
> variety of sources for Russian, but am looking for sources for other cultures.
>
> The Center for Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia at the University of
> Wisconsin-Madison has a web site for links to many audio sources for these
> cultures.  The URL for that page is:
>
> http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/creeca/pages/goradio.html

[...]

> Ukrainian:  Voice of America Ukrainian-language broadcasting, Voice of
> Canada Ukrainian-language broadcasting

You might want to add one more (or two more if you are into details).

As of December 1st, UBN (Ukrainian Broadcasting Network) has begun
making summary broadcasts available at http://www.brama.com/ubn/ - one
in English, one in Ukrainian in RealAudio.  Plugin your RealPlayer and
... listen.

In addition, there are plans in the works to do RealVideo.  However, no
rollout date has been set on this one.

> Thanks to all for your help.
>
> Ben Rifkin
>
> ////////////////////////////////////////
>
> Benjamin Rifkin
>
> Associate Professor of Slavic Languages
> Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction
>
> Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
> University of Wisconsin-Madison
> 1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
> Madison, WI  53706  USA
>
> voice:  608/262-1623