(Fwd) The all-Russian Channel

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 11 20:56:18 UTC 1998

Dear colleagues:

This concerns the forthcoming all-Russian, round-the-clock live
broadcasts of Radio Free Europe on the Internet.

Yours,

Benjamin

Date:          Fri, 6 Feb 1998 13:13:53 +0100
To:            sher07 at bellsouth.net
From:          Raven Zachary <zacharyr at rferl.org>
Subject:       RealAudio News

Regarding the IBB audio line that will permit RealAudio broadcasts of all
services, the Internet Team has been advised that IBB expects to finish
work on the line around Feb. 22. The work should take a few days. If all
goes well on the other technical elements, we estimate that we could launch
as early as March 1 -- or as late as March 15 if we encounter problems.
Please note that these are, however, only estimates.

Cheers.

-RZ

Raven Zachary, zacharyr at rferl.org
(011 420 2) 2112-2038 vox / 2112-2012 fax
Senior Internet Analyst - Internet Technologies
RFE/RL, Inc. (Radio Free Europe / Radio Liberty)

Benjamin Sher
Russian Literary Translator
Email: sher07 at bellsouth.net
http://personal.msy.bellsouth.net/msy/s/h/sher07/