Images of Cyberspace in Russian Prose

A & Y margadon at quicklink.com
Thu Feb 12 09:25:12 UTC 1998

Despite your request to respond off the list, I think that everyone would
benefit from the following URL - it's a link to ART-TENETA - a literary
contest taking place on the web. It's a treasure! There's no doubt a number
of contestants are very promising - and it is likely they will be judged
accordingly and evaluated fairly, for the contest's committee (jury)
consists of such well-known figures as Boris Strugatsky, Alexander
Zhitinsky, Andrey Bitov, Aleksandr Kushner, Mihail Chulaki and several
others.

It's very likely that the future of Russian literature (at least, in part)
will be born or is being born already on the Internet.  Here's the address
for ART-TENETA:

http://www.art.spb.ru/konkurs/

(I would recommend to take note of Aleksey Andreev - he's one of the most
talented persons of creative word of his generation - he's 26.  See his
"Setera", for example - manifest setevoy literatury).

As for more sources on  Russian writing that depicts the Internet, try:

http://www.zhurnal.ru/ - Vestnik setevoy (russkoy)kul'tury

http://kulichki.rambler.ru/XpomoiAngel/html/ - novel "HTML" by Aleksandr
Romadanov. I haven't read, so I'm not sure whether it pertains to the net,
but I assume that it does from the title.

Best wishes,

Yelena Kachuro