money to Gruzija

Edythe C. Haber haber at umbsky.cc.umb.edu
Fri Feb 20 02:55:50 UTC 1998

At 11:29 AM 2/20/98 +0900, you wrote:
>It seems there are no way of sending money from Japan to
>Tbilisi in Zakavkaz'e. Are there banks elsewhere that will
>do the job for me?
>  Is EuroCheque valid in Tbilisi? Most unlikely, I fear.
>
>  If there are absolutely no ways, I shall ask a friend in Moscow
>to send money from Moscow. But that is the last resort as sending
>money to Russia is still an awkward business.
>
>Thanks,
>Tsuji

Dear Tsuji,

        I have successfully transferred money to the Absolute Bank in Tbilisi from
Bank America International in New York.  The respective bank addresses and
account #s are:  Bank America International, New York S.W.I.F.T:  BOFA US
3N, Acc. No. 6550-0-75680; Absolute Bank, Tbilisi Georgia S.W.I.F.T: ABSO
GE 22, Account No. 01359.

        Good luck,
        Edythe Haber