call for papers

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 2 14:49:31 UTC 1998

I hope that those of you who travelled to Toronto for the 1997 Conference
found it to be productive and stimulating.  Although some of us may not yet
have unpacked our bags, the Program Committee is already at work in the
planning of the 1998 Conference.

On behalf of the AATSEEL Program Committee, I encourage all members of the
association to submit panel declarations for the 1998 AATSEEL Conference, to
be held in San Francisco in December 1998.

In order for panels to be listed in the call for papers published in the
next issue of the AATSEEL Newsletters, panel declarations must be received
***by 10 January 1998****.  Panels declared after that date can be included
in the conference program, but they will not be included in the call for
papers published in the AATSEEL Newsletter.

Deadlines for the submissions of abstracts are 15 April 1998 (first round)
and 1 August 1998 (final round).

Panel declarations may be sent by e-mail (preferably), fax or US mail and
should be sent to the following contact individuals:

1)      Linguistics:

Jane Hacking
Slavic Dept.
University of Kansas
Wescoe Hall 2134
Lawrence, KS  66045 USA

e-mail:  jhacking at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
fax:  913/843-6540

2)      Pedagogy:

Benjamin Rifkin
Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706  USA

e-mail:  brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
fax:  608/265-2814

3)      Literature, Culture, Theory:

David Birnbaum
Slavic Department, U. of Pittsburgh
1417 Cathedral of Learning
Pittsburgh, PA  15260  USA

e-mail:  djb at clover.slavic.pitt.edu
alt. e-mail:  djbpitt+ at pitt.edu
fax:  412/624-5712

Best wishes to all for a happy and healthy 1998.

Submitted on behalf of the 1998 Program Committee,

Ben Rifkin

////////////////////////////////////////

Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Professor of Slavic Languages
Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction

Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706  USA

voice:  608/262-1623