The Enchanting Art of Alexander Boguslawski

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 12 11:08:38 UTC 1998

Dear Colleagues:

May I invite you to visit on our web site a small gallery of
paintings by Alexander Boguslawski, Professor of Russian at Rollins
College in Florida. They have been inspired, among other things, by
Slavic and Byzantine motifs, themes, styles and legends. The general
mood is that of the fairy tale. I think you will find these lovely
oil paintings quite irresistible.

"The Entomologist" is a special treat. It is dedicated to a
character in Sasha Sokolov's novel SCHOOL FOR FOOLS (Shkola dlia
Durakov). Prof. Boguslawski is the Polish translator of Sokolov's
novel as well as of the prose poem "Trevozhnaia Kukolka." Enjoy!

My gratitude to Prof. Boguslawski for his very kind generosity in
offering these gems for our web site.

Yours,

Benjamin

Benjamin Sher