The Silver Age

Eric Laursen eric.laursen at m.cc.utah.edu
Thu Jan 15 18:58:51 UTC 1998

We are now taking submissions for the second issue of the new journal

The Silver Age:  Russian Literature and Culture 1881-1921

The Silver Age is an annual journal dealing with literature, music,
philosophy and the visual arts of the Russian Silver Age.  We are currently
accepting the following:         scholarly articles
        translations
        bibliographies
        reviews of exhibits or performances of Silver Age work
        book reviews (before submitting contact Ann Marie Basom:
                                                   Ann.Basom at uni.edu)

        Send submissions (other than book reviews) to:

                Eric Laursen
                1425 LNCO
                Dept of Languages and Literature
                University of Utah
                Salt Lake City, Utah   84112

                   e-mail:  eric.laursen at m.cc.utah.edu

The first issue includes the following:

Truman Bullard "Music and Poetry of Aleksandr Blok"
Janet Kennedy "The Triumph of the Harlequins:  Commedia dell'Arte and its
        Significance in the Work of the Mir Iskusstva Group"
Victor Terras "The Modernism of Innokentii Annenskii" with translations of
        selected poems of Annenskii

Translations (side by side Russian and English text)
        The Selected Poems of Innokentii Annenskii
        "Scythians (In Place of a Foreword)"
        "Marfa the Mayoress" by Sergei Esenin
        "The Twelve" by Aleksandr Blok (new translation and introduction by Gene
                Fitzgerald)

Plus book reviews

Subscription rates are:
                Institution  $20.00
                Individual  $15.00
                (add $2.00  domestic postage or $2.50 international postage)

Send payment to
        Charles Schlacks, Jr.,  Publisher
        P.O Box 1256
        Idyllwild,  CA   92549-1256