Slavic Programs rankings

Yura margadon at quicklink.com
Fri Jan 16 15:32:28 UTC 1998

I'm curious to find out whether there are any regularly updated official
reports that specify rankings of existing Slavic Graduate Programs around
the country.  I'm particularly interested in programs specializing in
Russian Literature. In other words, is there something similar to what U.S.
News & World Report publishes every year? Or, for instance is there a top 10
list of best grad.programs in this field (as there is for business schools
and law schools)?  If so, how are these schools divided by regions, i.e.
what is considered to be the best program in the Northeast?

In case there're no official listings I would greatly appreciate learning
about opinions of people on this list regarding this matter.  Please feel
free to reply to me either on or off the list, whichever is more convenient
for you.

Thank you in advance!

Yelena Kachuro
Fordham University