address for Polish Radio (external service) on shortwave

KEVIN CHRISTIANSON KCHRISTIANS at tntech.edu
Mon Jan 19 18:12:59 UTC 1998

Thank you to everyone who has taken time to answer my prior questions regarding
Polish grammar, literature, etcetera.  Your help has clearly proven one
significant benefit of INTERNET.

I have tried several times, unsuccessfully, to locate the current schedule for
shortwave broadcasts from Poland, both in English and Polish. Does anyone have
the http or address or website at which this information can be found?

Also, I am considering buying the Polish-English/English-Polish WORD TRANS
software program. It comes in three sizes--40,000; 80,000; and 120,000 words.
How good, useful, accurate, worthwhile is this software program?  Has anyone
tried out the program?  It's supposed to translate English to Polish and Polish
to English (crudely, I'm sure) and also has an expandable spell-check
dictionary.  PolArt in Florida and Polonia Bookstore in Chicago both carry this
software, and it can be ordered as well directly over INTERNET.

Bardzo dziekuje za pomoc.  Kevin

Kevin Christianson, Ph.D                <<KCHRISTIANS at tntech.edu>>
English Department / Box 5053 / Tennessee Tech University / Cookeville, TN 38505
I saw a man / Murdered by angels, / Tortured by questions / Swollen by a
strangled cry, / A live corpse, / A victim of morality.
"Man" Mieczyslaw Jastrun  (trans. Czeslaw Milosz)
Cinema Confections: SLINGBLADE, ALL THE MORNINGS OF THE WORLD, FLIRTING,
BARTON FINK, DELICATESSAN, THE LOVER, LET HIM HAVE IT, TRICOULEUR, MONA LISA,
THE HAIRDRESSER'S HUSBAND, UNSTRUNG HEROES, THE FIELD, MY LIFE AS A DOG,
BELLE EPOQUE, SEKSMISJA, BABETTE'S FEAST, ANDRE RUBLEV. IMMORTAL BELOVED.