Help with Yiddish

Carolyn Ellis Gonzalez CEGonzalez at utsa.edu
Tue Jan 27 21:12:37 UTC 1998

Hello:

Here at the University of Texas at San Antonio's John Peace Library, we
perform cataloging for the Institute of Texas Cultures (ITC).  The ITC
has a large collection of books in Yiddish which have not been cataloged
because we lack the linguistic expertise to properly process the
materials.

A kind volunteer transliterated some of the titles and authors into
roman script years ago before his death, but most titles remain
untransliterated.  We do know from this gentleman's work that many of
these materials will require original cataloging.

I was wondering:

1)  Might there by any librarians lurking on this list who would know of
an  agency we might outsource the cataloging of these materials to other
than OCLC?

2)  Are there any individuals from this list in the San Antonio area
possessing Yiddish language skills who might be interested in helping us
with these materials?

Please respond to me directly.

Thank you,

Carolyn Ellis Gonzalez