converting WP-WORD

Yoshimasa Tsuji yamato at yt.cache.waseda.ac.jp
Thu Jul 16 11:22:27 UTC 1998

Someone wrote
  |using such metod yuo can losed tables, bolg type and so on
  |better use word6.0 word7.0
  |save as rtf- file and load in Word 97

MS Word can usually read WP5.1 files and output the usual *.doc
files that can be understood by the latest MS Word. But that does
not make sense at all because the original inquirer appears to own
an American WordPerfect5.1 with the Cyrillic Kit appended and
an American MS Word7.0  with a capability to read/write in Cyrillic.
If he had had the right software (i.e. any native Russian word processor),
he couldn't possibly have needed assistance.

You don't need to worry about rules and emphasis because they are
not essential information. It is better to convert to the current
MS Word right away rather than worrying about how to obtain software
from Russia.

Corrigendum: I cannot use my WP5.1 now because I have packed up
all the PC things as I am moving to a new building soon.

Cheers,
Tsuji