Russian font question

Devin P Browne dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu
Mon Jun 1 11:01:01 UTC 1998

I have a question about fonts and such ("fonts an'nat" if your from
Pittsburgh, like me).  OK, I know I'm a loser because I haven't dared to
try downloading/installing slavic fonts on my school computers yet, but
I'm tackling surmountable tasks at the moment.

Anyway, on a new computer that has recently shown up in our gifted
classroom (a big ole Gateway 2000 which runs like the wind), I notice that
most pages (like the Bucknell pages and Izvestia -- I haven't tried a lot
yet) are coming up in cyrillic even tho I (nor anyone else) have installed
any fonts.  Please someone tell me that this will be standard from now
on??  Or am I just in the middle of an end-of-the-school-year dream??

Devin/Divan

Devin P Browne
dpbrowne+ at pitt.edu