Mac cyrillic help

Catharine Nepomnyashchy cn29 at columbia.edu
Thu Jun 4 13:44:00 UTC 1998

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:42:54 EDT
From: Jcollymore at aol.com
To: cn29 at columbia.edu
Subject: Re:  Re:  Re: Russian font question (fwd)

Dear SEELangers,

I'd appreciate it if someone could help out my friend, a non-Slavist and
former Russian student.  Please reply offlist to his email address below.
Thanks

Dear Cathy:

Yes, I'd appreciate it if you could ask a specific question(s).

Please post the following message:

"Could someone please tell me where there is a WORKING/ACTIVE site for getting
a good, working freeware/shareware Cyrillic/Russian font for my Macintosh.
Also, I could use help with instructions on properly loading and using the
KOI-8 Russian keyboard layout.  I currently have tried to install it in my
Mac, but it never appears as a choice in my Keyboards control panel.  (By the
way, I'm running on a Mac Performa 6200, with 32MB of RAM, System 8.1.)  If
there is also a useful Russian-to-English translator program for the Mac, I'd
appreciate info on that, too.  My general need is to be able to type e-mail in
Russian, and (possibly) receive and translate Russian that is sent to me.

Please send your responses directly to me at Jcollymore at aol.com.

Thanks for your help."

Thanks for posting this Cathy.  Talk to you soon.

Jim