Russian Painting -- Unique WWW site

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Fri Jun 19 09:25:55 UTC 1998

Dear Colleagues:

I am taking the liberty of inviting you all to the official opening
of Russian Painting, an extraordinary site dedicated to the
masterpieces of Russian Painting and encompassing the entire history
of Russia, from the Icons of the Medieval Period to the Suprematists
and Cubo-Futurists of the 20th century. The site features images,
texts and discussions of crucial issues in Russian history and art.
Fully hypertextual, it allows the reader to explore, in breadth and
depth, the rich and complex history of Russian Painting both in its
own right and as a reflection of the institutions, movements and
conflicts that have shaped Russian art and culture through the
centuries.

This fully hypertextual site has been created and is maintained by my
good friend, Professor Alexander Boguslawski and his students at
Rollins College, Florida.

The address of Russian Painting is:

http://www.rollins.edu/Foreign_Lang/Russian/ruspaint.html

You may also find the address on my Index under:

Art -- Russian Painting -- A History in Images and Text

You will find the address for the Index at the bottom of my
signature.

I consider it both a personal and professional honor to offer my
congratulations to Professor Boguslawski and his students for their
invaluable contribution to the advancement of Russian studies.
Finally, our thanks to Rollins College for hosting this great and, I
might add, unique site on the World Wide Web.

Yours,

Benjamin

Benjamin Sher
Russian Literary Translator