RFE/RL LIVE 24 HOURS A DAY!

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Thu Mar 5 20:32:10 UTC 1998

Dear colleagues:

I have been authorized by the Chief Internet Engineer of Radio Free
Euorope/Radio Liberty to announce to our list the happy news that
RFE/RL is now officially broadcasting its Russian Service AROUND THE
CLOCK, 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK. You'll find their address at:

http://www.svoboda.org

To listen to the live broadcast, click on PRIAMOI EFIR (bottom
right). To see a listing and description of the programs, click on
the appropriate blue boxes to the left.

Once again, let me remind you that to listen to Radio Svoboda you
need to download the FREE RealPlayer 5.0 from

http://www.real.com

Look carefully on RealPlayer's home page (top left, last time I
looked), for the box announcing the FREE RealPlayer, which is both a
video and audio player and is in most respects identical with
RealPlayerPlus, which is NOT free, but which they allow you to
download it on a so-called "free" trial basis which expires at
the end of 30 days.

If this sounds confusing, please don't blame the messenger. I am
trying to help you avoid the pitfalls of Madison Avenue, a situation
common on the Web, where software manufacturers offer something for
free but naturally try to seduce you into buying something that you
may NOT need. In most of these cases, the free version is more than
sufficient for normal use. This is the case with RealPlayer.

I emphasize once again: REALPLAYER IS FREE and there is NO NEED to
buy ANYTHING! So, be sure to distinguish the real Free RealPlayer
from the so-called "free" RealPlayerPlus and download the FREE
player by following RealPlayer's own instructions.

Enjoy!

Yours,

Benjamin
Benjamin Sher