surfer in Russian (correction)

Meindert Burger M.Burger at mail.uva.nl
Sat Mar 7 20:25:45 UTC 1998

At 18:32 6-3-98 -0800, you wrote:
>Does anybody here know the Russian word for SURFER?
>Is it just "liubitel serfinga"? Or is there such a word as "serfist"?

My guess would be that "serfist" is a correct translation. And indeed, my
Van den Baar dutch-russian dictionary reports "serf"ist" as the translation
of "surfer", allthough it is not to be found in russian dictionaries such
as Ozhegov's.

If you are interested in web-related russian terms an interesting, but
rather frivolous site for you to consult might be Artemy Lebedev's
N.Zh.M.D.-site. You can find it at: http://www.tema.ru/rrr.

Sorry, I didn't identify myself...