sikorsky diss. on russ-americans

Vicki Rulli rulli.4 at osu.edu
Thu Mar 19 00:10:38 UTC 1998

As a Russian-American and the co-founder of the new National Slavic & East
European Heritage & Resource Center, I find this topic extremely interesting
and was wondering if anyone has any websites, articles or books that they
would recommend on the subject of Russian (slavic & east/central european)
Americans?  Expecially anything talking about the past 20 years.

In regard to cities - there is a fun series out that spotlights Chicago, New
York, Toronto and London(?) - The only one I have read is the "Ethnic
Chicago" and it is in the travel section of your local bookstore.
While this isn't on a scholarly level - it is a great way to familarize
yourself with a cities ethnic population via the restaurants, delicatessens,
museums, festivals, etc...

Also there is a great book out that uses the 1980 census reports that is
called "We The People- An atlas of America's Ethnic Diversity" By James Paul
Allen & Eugene James Turner  The publisher is MacMillan.   (I got it at a
Borders Outlet Store near Cleveland)

Thanks
Vicki Rulli

Victoria Rulli