Russian Lit (fwd)

Uladzimir Katkouski VLK960 at cj.aubg.bg
Fri Mar 20 20:50:59 UTC 1998

> My class is currently reading "Taman" - an excerpt of "Hero of Our
> Time" by Lermontov but they don't seem to like it very much.  I was
> hoping to find something more modern that they could relate to.

If they don't like "Hero of Our Time," there is something wrong with
them or with teaching, not with the selection of the books. I can
propose... "Eto ja, Edichka" by Limonov. Very modern. But do you
think this is Russian Literature?

Sincerely,
U.K.

Uladzimir L. Katkouski // Computer Science Student
American University In Bulgaria (AUBG)
Volga, Rm.#219, AUBG, Blagoevgrad, 2700, Bulgaria
e-mail:  <vlk960 at cj.aubg.bg>
         <vlad at slin.aubg.bg>
h-page:  <http://www.aubg.bg/cj/~vlk960>
         <http://slin.aubg.bg/~vlad>