Better active than radioactive

Wendell W. Solomons solomons at slt.lk
Mon May 4 20:49:20 UTC 1998

Greetings friends!

I want to clarify that I am wholly aware that I cannot afford
ad hominem and personal hostility on lists. By the same token
I do not fancy involvement in exorcism.

=-=-=-=-=

I had been jolted by comments indicating that we may be overinvolved
and out in rather deep waters.

If the languages and the civilizations we discuss are principally
European, with a minimum of 20 million people unpaid for 8 months
in Russia and still more in the former republics,  we may see
something more than a Titanic going down alongside Warsaw, Prague
and Vienna.

To remeber Musoursgky's "Pictures at an Exhibition," if we survive
it could well be like "The dead speaking with the dead in a dead
language."

It is to do something for civilization that we must sometimes express
ourselves though the ships' captains may be wearing the cap of the
expert.

This comes from non-conformism which is the mainstream Western heritage
though an anarchist trend received some support particularly when community
U.S.AID funds in $ 250 million were given under an uncontested bid to
expert Jeffery Sachs.

It was in this self-same spirit that I spoke in 1992 about Captain Sachs
devastating reforms despite Kremlinologists' and other expert silence.

It is in the same spirit that I undisguisedly search for some bricks in
historical structures so that we can manage to build a future. Someone
must do this -- history has its applied purpose too.

That's all. And that's my management research. Any bricks for construction
welcome.

Better active than radioactive!

Let's build Shalom, Peace, Mir together without scapegoating! We are all in
it together.

wendell w. solomons
management research