Slovo o polku Igoreve

Robert Orr roborr at aix1.uottawa.ca
Thu May 7 03:21:15 UTC 1998

My question remains: there appears to be no linguistic evidence that the
Slovo is a fabrication/forgery, and until such evidence comes to light,
one might well question the value of a comparison between the
(geunine until proven otherwise) twelfth century Slovo and the (invented)
eighteenth century Ossian.

And seeing that we're dealing with comparisons, has anyone thought of
comparing the apparent controversy over the Slovo with the ongoing
suggestion that the plays normally attributed to Shakespeare were really
written by

1) The Earl of Oxford
2) Francis Bacon
3) Christopher Marlowe