Mac--Windows Cyrillic converter

Jerry Ervin Jerry_Ervin at compuserve.com
Fri Nov 6 00:47:53 UTC 1998

Forgive me if I've mentioned this before, but:

I have had excellent success converting to/from Mac/Windows with "Russian
Converter" from Smart Link Corp.  It cost $50 and loaded in less than a
minute.  There's no manual to speak of--it's so simple to load and use you
don't need one.

Particulars:  I use a vintage (1994) Mac Quadra 610 running System 7.5.3;
my documents are in Word 5.1 (also 1994-era.  Obviously I don't chase the
latest technology!)  The colleague to/from whom I send/receive files just
got a brand new PC  using Windows 98.  She also does her documents in Word
(whatever the new Word is for that platform).

She saves her file (which contains mingled English and Russian) in .RTF
format and emails it to me.  I do the conversion using Russian Converter,
then open the file using Word.

To send a Mac file I've created to my colleague, I save my file (also
mingled English and Russian) in .RTF format, convert it using Russian
Converter, and email it to her.  She opens it on her PC with no further
processing.

Converting even a long-ish file (say, a chapter of a textbook) to/from
Mac/Windows takes just seconds.

We've been sharing files this way for about 4 months.

Regards,

Jerry