correction to: Mysticism & AAASS, St. Louis, Nov. '99

Natalia Pylypiuk natalia.pylypiuk at ualberta.ca
Sat Oct 17 15:28:57 UTC 1998

My original posting on this topic elicited very fine responses.  But,
inasmuch as they dealt with modern authors, it became clear that I should
have specified more succintly the period and the questions to be
investigated. Here is a revised version:

Hello!

Is anyone interested in contributing to a panel devoted to various aspects
of mysticism?  The panel would be devoted to the medieval and early-modern
period.
It would investigate authors who professed to be mystics or whose writings
may be situated within the mystical current of devotional literature.

My paper will consider Hryhorii Skovoroda's mystical experience from a
psychoanalytical
perspective -- specifically, the quest for character transformation in the
early colloquies.

However, the panel need not limit itself to Ukrainian devotional literature.
I am intereated in papers about Slavic authors in general (West, South and
East)
who wrote in Latin, Slavonic, and/or their native vernacular.

The completed panel proposal must be submitted by 9 December.   Please reply
directly to me.

Best,

Natalia Pylypiuk
Dept. of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
University of Alberta
(403) 492-3498

<natalia.pylypiuk at ualberta.ca>