IREX Announces Host Opportunities for US Institutions

amhvid at irex.org amhvid at irex.org
Fri Oct 23 22:30:07 UTC 1998

IREX Announces Host Opportunities for US Institutions

The International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX) seeks host
institutions for the Freedom Support Act Fellowships in Contemporary
Issues (CI).

This program brings leading policymakers, government officials,
practitioners and professionals from the New Independent States (NIS)
to the United States to conduct research at universities, NGOs, think
tanks, and other professional institutions for three months.

The Freedom Support Act Fellowships in Contemporary Issues (CI) are
funded by the United States Information Agency (USIA) and administered
by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).

Host institutions must provide an appointed adviser, office space or
other work space, access to research resources, and e-mail/Internet
access.

The application deadline is February 2, 1999.

For more information on this program visit our Web site at
http://www.irex.org/programs/ci/
Application materials can be downloaded from our web site, or contact
irex to have the materials mailed to you.

Contacts: Daphne Earley or Denise Cormaney,
International Research & Exchange Board (IREX), 1616 H Street, NW,
Washington, DC 20006, (202) 628-8188, FAX (202) 628-8189, e-mail:
dearley at irex.org or dcormaney at irex.org.