Slavic and East European Folklore

James Bailey jobailey at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun Oct 25 13:09:38 UTC 1998

Dear Seelangers:
     I would like to call your attention to the Slavic And
East European Folklore Association (SEEFA) of which I am
president.  Currently we are trying to attract new members
in related fields so as to expand the interdisciplinary
coverage of SEEFA.  In particular we are seeking people
interested in giving papers or organizing panels at the
AAASS convention to be held in St. Louis, November 18-21,
1999, in areas such as history and folklore, beliefs and the
occult, interaction of literature and folklore, field
methods, genres, or urban folklore.  For further information
please contact me at this address:
JOBailey at facstaff.wisc.edu.
     The purpose of SEEFA is to promote the study and
teaching of the folklore in this region of the world.  SEEFA
is affiliated with AAASS, holds its annual meeting during
the AAASS convention, and organizes a number of panels at
the convention.  Membership is open to any one with an
interest in Slavic and East European folklore; dues are $20
a year for regular members and $10 for students.  For
information contact the secretary-treasurer Jeanmarie
Rouhier-Willoughby, Jrouhie at pop.uky.edu.  SEEFA publishes a
small journal twice a year and includes short articles on
folklore, reviews, notes about field work, notices and
comments about conferences, and surveys of recent
publications.  We welcome contributions to the journal.  Our
editor, Sibelan Forrester (sforres1 at swarthmore.edu) and our
co-editor Anne Ingram (ami2f at virginia.edu) maintain a web
page containing all past issues of our journal as well as
other information.  The address is:
http://ash.swarthmore.edu/slavic/SEEFA.
     James Bailey

James Bailey