Internet Broadcasting

Benjamin Rifkin brifkin at facstaff.wisc.edu
Sun Sep 6 02:24:13 UTC 1998

Dear SEELANGers:

Thanks to the many individuals who responded to my query regarding
broadcasting over the internet for languages/cultures other than Russian.  I
had many responses, some of which I'll list below.  However, the most
important source was pointed out to me by Benjamin Sher and David Freedel.
This is a site at MIT:

http://wmbr.mit.edu/stations/list.html

This source has over 5,000 broadcasters.

Other sites mentioned by some of those who wrote me are as follows:

http://www.eb.uah.edu/~adanil/radio.html
 http://www.brama.com/news/ (Ukrainian)
 http://home.comfm.fr/sites/rdirect/index.html

 RFE/Radio Liberty:  http://www.rferl.org/index.html

 Croatian:  Radio 101, Radio Rijeka, RTV
http://www.rferl.org/bd/ss/index-eng.html

Magyar nyelvu radioadsok az Interneten
http://www.compmore.net/~josephc/radio/radiok_ra.html

(Lists many Hungarian stations and programs available in Realaudio
and includes direct links.)

*and* there's even a page for Hungarian Internet TV feeds/programs:

Magyar nyelvu televziadsok az Interneten
http://www.compmore.net/~josephc/radio/tv_ra.html

Romanian:  Radio Romania Actualitati
http://www.ituner.com/rom.htm

RADIO ROMANIA INTERNATIONAL
http://indis.ici.ro/romania/news/rri.html

Address: Bucharest-Romania PO Box 111, General Berthelot street 60-62
Phone and fax: 40 - 1 - 223.26.13 E-mail: RRI at RADIO.ROR.RO

CROATIAN:  HRT RealAudio Page http://www.hrt.hr/streams/streams_hrv.html
contains direct links to HRT1, HRT2, HRT3 radio, Radio Osijek, Radio
Rijeka, Radio Sljeme, and the HRT TV feed

ESTONIAN: The Eesti Raadio page (http://www.er.ee/) contains direct
Realaudio links to Vikerraadio, Raadio 2, Klassikraadio, Raadio 4, and
Eesti Raadio
Raadio KUKU is at: http://www.online.ee/realaudio/kuku.ram (Hard to
connect sometimes)

CZECH: Cesky Rozhlas (in mono and stereo) at:
http://radiozurnal.rozhlas.cz/zive_radiozurnal.htm

Rozhlas 2 (Prague) at: http://praha.rozhlas.cz/zive_praha.htm

Rozhlas 3 (Vltava) at: http://vltava.rozhlas.cz/zive_vltava.htm

(Above are 3 different stations, stereo and mono and 20 Kbps with good
sound)

Evropa 2 at: http://www.evropa2.cz/live.htm

Finally, there's a very cool Czech Country Music Station, "Eldoradio"  at:
http://live.eldoradio.cz/ (It has both 28.8 K and 56K feeds -- the 56K
feed is amazing sound if you have a fast connection)

> Slovenian:  TV Slovenia

For Slovenia Radio Ognji ce is also broadcasting on
Internet. The only radio that does it live:
http://www.ognjisce.si/iradio/

For Latvia, you can connect to Latvijas Radio live at:

http://www.radio.org.lv/realaud/index_a.htm

Thanks to all those who have provided me with this list of interesting
sources of broadcasting.

Happy listening to all!

Ben Rifkin

////////////////////////////////////////

Benjamin Rifkin

Associate Professor of Slavic Languages
Coordinator of Russian-Language Instruction

Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
University of Wisconsin-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706  USA

voice:  608/262-1623