Kino-help

Francoise Rosset frosset at wheatonma.edu
Sun Sep 6 21:04:26 UTC 1998

Dear SEELanzhane:
        I could use some help with a "Russian" Film class (in English,
which is relevant because I need mainly subtitled films)... Film is
NOT my field, but I'm having to teach this course nonetheless, and
that's another story; I offer this last comment only to explain my
abysmal ignorance.

        Our library has a decent collection (50-60 titles) of classic
Russian films up to 1996 or so. What we do not have is anything by
Russian/Soviet women directors nor anything from Kazakstan.

        Does anyone know where/how to rent or purchase such items,
with or without subtitles, although the latter is preferable? I am
particularly interested in the directors Muratova and Gogoberidze,
and in the films "The Needle" and "A Wolf Cub Among Humans."

        I would appreciate any comments or help. Please reply not
to SEELangs but to the address below. I'll be glad to share the
information if anyone wishes it. Thanks,
                                        -Francoise

Francoise Rosset                          phone:  (508) 286-3696
Department of Russian                     e-mail: frosset at wheatonma.edu
Wheaton College
Norton, Massachusetts 02766