Keyboard question

Edward Dumanis dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri Sep 11 17:48:58 UTC 1998

MERRILL, JASON wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>         At Drew we are using Windows 95 and Word Perfect 8, and we've
> discovered that the only keyboard available is the Russian typewriter, but
> we would like to have the phonetic/transliterated keyboard as well.  Does
> anyone have suggestions for obtaining this keyboard?  Are there any
> software packages we can buy that have this?
>         Please reply offline to:  JMerrill at Drew.edu  Thanks in advance for
> your help!
>
> Sincerely,
> Jason Merrill

Dear Colleagues,

I decided to answer to the whole list because I have had the same problem all
the time unsuccessfully trying to find the same type of a keyboard driver for
WordPerfect and MSWord for Windows 95.
I hope that somebody has it written, and we will learn about it through this
request.  Meanwhile, my solution is:
Use WordPerfect 5.1 for DOS to create Russian texts. Save the file, and open
it in Corel WordPerfect 8.  It will be automatically converted to WPD-type.
Save it as WPD-type (which is a default for WordPerfect 8).

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis