SE Europe: Grad. Student Workshop

Ellen Elias-Bursac bursac at fas.harvard.edu
Fri Sep 18 17:27:13 UTC 1998

GRADUATE STUDENTS! Call for papers!
New Approaches to Southeast Europe: a Graduate Student Workshop. February
12-13, 1999.
        This workshop will be conducted by the newly formed Southeast
Europe Study Group at the Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies at
Harvard University, and will include consideration of topics related to:
Albania, Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Macedonia, Rumania, Slovenia
and Yugoslavia. We welcome all contributions which treat these countries
singly, or in a comparative context, and we particularly encourage papers
which seek to question or re-interpret old approaches to the area of
Southeastern Europe. Students in the humanities, philosophy and the study
of religions, and the social and political sciences, are encouraged to
apply.  Limited travel funds are available. Please send, by November 15,
1998, the abstract of the paper you will present, a brief CV and the
addresses at which you can be reached in December, to:

Southeastern Europe Study Group
Minda de Gunzburg Center for European Studies
Harvard University
27 Kirkland St.
Cambridge, MA 02138

Contact co-chairs Ellen Elias-Bursac at bursac at fas.harvard.edu or Ana