Russian songs

Jaireth, Subhash - BRS Subhash.Jaireth at brs.gov.au
Mon Sep 21 00:45:45 UTC 1998

Dear Seelangers,

One of my Australian friends is working on a novel set in Australia with
a Soviet-Russian as one of the main protagonists. This person migrates
to Australia in the mid-sixties. My friend is looking for two things:

*       words of the popular Russian war-song Katyusha. Soviet tank
missiles it seems were also called Katuyshas and she is interested to
use the song in that context
*       she is looking for a popular Russian song for children which the
character might sing to his four year old daughter while giving her a
bath

I shall be grateful for any help.

Subhash

Email: Subhash.Jaireth at brs.gov.au