AAASS

konecny konecny at rcf.usc.edu
Tue Sep 22 23:51:39 UTC 1998

Dear Seelangovtsy:

I hate to raise an omen of bad luck on the eve of the AAASS conference, BUT
there is a hurricane in the carribean which seems to be headed for landfall
in the US on thursday or friday. Of course, there is no certainty that
Georges will hit south florida. If in the event of such an occurance, when
will the conference be canceled? How will participants be notified? I
suppose if they close airports, the conclusion is obvious, but it would be
nice to know what provisions have been taken.

I cannot help but wonder who decided that florida in hurricane season would
be a  great site for the conference, especially since it was moved up two
months. Having been through a couple of hurricanes, I am not especially
wild about flying into miami with high winds, nor basking to the light of
the weather channel in my hotel room at resort prices.

living in hope Mark Konecny