RUSSIAN TRANSLATORS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY

Anna Rakityanskaya rakitya at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Aug 11 14:53:59 UTC 1999

Dear friends,

This message may be of interest to some of you. Please reply to the
original sender.

------------------------------------
Anna Rakityanskaya
University of Texas at Austin

>Date: Tue, 10 Aug 1999 12:48:58 -0700
>From: "Ivan Podnar" <Ivan.Podnar at trw.com>

>Subject: RUSSIAN TRANSLATORS  NEEDED IMMEDIATELY
>
>RUSSIAN TRANSLATORS  NEEDED IMMEDIATELY
>For The U.S. Army in the Balkans
 >
>TRW S&ITG (formerly BDM International)  is a US Defense contractor and has
provided linguists to support several US Military Operations in the past.
Beginning with Desert Shield and Desert Storm in 1990, later with Operation
Restore Hope in Somalia in 1993 and again to support the United States
effort in the island of Haiti in 1994. Once again TRW S&ITG  is providing
linguist support for US Military operations, this time in Albania, Bosnia,
Croatia, Greece, Hungary, Kosovo and Macedonia.

>We continue to look for qualified individuals with excellent language
skills in Albanian, Greek, Macedonian, Hungarian, Bosnian, Croatian and
Serbian languages and now in RUSSIAN.  If you are not potential candidate,
please pass this document on to potential candidates and encourage them to
contact us IMMEDIATELY.

>Thank you for any assistance you can provide. I can be reached at my
direct dial number (703) 968-1263.
>Very truly yours,
>TRW S&ITG
>Ivan Podnar
>Manager,
>Operational Support
>
>RUSSIAN TRANSLATORS  NEEDED IMMEDIATELY
>
>TRW S&ITG currently has a contract with the US Army to provide linguists
to support peacekeeping forces in the Balkans and Europe. TRW S&ITG has a
need to identify additional individuals who meet the qualifications and are
willing and able to deploy to KOSOVO. If you are interested, feel you meet
our requirements, and are able to deploy, fax IMMEDIATELY (703-968-1276) or
e-mail (Ivan.Podnar at trw.com) your resume to our Linguist Program Office,
include a one paragraph statement as to why you wish to serve in Kosovo.

>TRW engages linguists as full time consultants. US citizenship is
required. The optimum candidate will be a US citizen who is proficient in
Russian and English and in good physical condition.  Preference will be
given to those with native fluency in Russian. Linguists must also be
willing and able to work under the same conditions and for the same
extended hours as their military counterparts. Candidates also must be
willing to provide detailed personal information in order to be screened
for a security clearance.  Additionally, all candidates will be given a
physical examination, including drug and HIV testing during three days of
processing in Washington D.C. TRW S&ITG  will pay all expenses for this
screening.

>       Pay and other benefits, and conditions of service, are dictated by our
contract with the US Government. The following are in effect at this time:
>*      Consulting fee is $4,000 per month.
>*      Cash bonus of $2,000 is awarded at the successful completion of each
six-month period.
>*      TRW or the Government provides life and medical insurance, military
uniforms, food, lodging   and medical care while in Kosovo and
transportation from the home of record to Washington, DC then to the Kosovo
and return to the home of record through Washington, DC.

>For additional information, call (703) 968-1263.
>
>TRW S&ITG (formerly BDM International, Inc.) headquartered in Fairfax,
Virginia, provide information technology, systems, and services to public
and private sector clients in the United States and abroad. The Company
operates in more than 100 locations worldwide.
>BDM has provided linguists to support several US Military Operations in
the past. Beginning with Desert Shield and Desert Storm in 1990, later with
Operation Restore Hope in Somalia in 1993 and again to support United
States effort in the island of Haiti in 1994. TRW is again providing
linguist support for US Military Operations, this time in Albania, Bosnia,
Croatia, Hungary, Kosovo and Macedonia.