panel proposal AAASS

Yvonne Howell yhowell at richmond.edu
Wed Dec 1 22:03:47 UTC 1999

Seeking paper for AAASS panel proposal:

Many of us in the literary field have been studying the process of
"rewriting" and "re-remembering" which is a necessary part of the
transition from a Soviet to a post-Soviet Russian identity.  The activity
of imagining a new community takes many forms, and has produced more than
one interesting AAASS panel.  I am working on a panel proposal for AAASS
'00 in Denver.  I would like contribute a piece on fiction and memoirs
which resurrect the lives of Russia's repressed geneticists -- contributing
to the new identity of Russia's scientific and intellectual community.  If
you have a paper which might fit the panel, please contact me soon, as
proposals are due next week.

Yvonne Howell

Yvonne Howell
Assoc. Professor of Russian