Some Real maps of Russia

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 7 19:54:29 UTC 1999

Dear friends:

My apologies for recommending the 3,000,000 maps of
http://www.calle.com/world/. While do provide some interesting facts
about certain places, the maps are pathetic, to say the least. I checked
a few obscure place names in Russia. If I had checked Moscow, I would
have quickly realized my mistake. So, perhaps we should all forget about
it or use it only as a last resort.

Here are some real maps of Russia (in addition to those on my Index):

1) Mapquest:

http://www.mapquest.com/

2) Russia and the Former Soviet Republics Maps
 http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/commonwealth.html

This great site also includes historical maps:

Historical Maps of Russia and the Former Soviet Republics

http://www.lib.utexas.edu/Libs/PCL/Map_collection/historical/history_commonwealt
 h.html

3) Yahoo list of maps on Russia

http://www.yahooligans.com/Around_the_World/Countries/Russia/Maps/

4) Maps of Russia and the FSU Republics
http://users.aimnet.com/%7Eksyrah/ekskurs/maps.html#Turk/facts.htm/index.html

5) Traveller's Yellow Pages -- Moscow
http://www.infoservices.com/moscow/map/

6) St. Ptersburg -- maps, pictures, schemas
http://www.cs.toronto.edu/~mes/russia/sev-zap/pict.html

7) Elstead Maps (Commercial)

http://www.elstead.co.uk/russia.htm

Hope this makes up for my sins. Will try to be more careful next time.

Benjamin

--
Benjamin and Anna Sher
sher07 at bellsouth.net