HS Language Requirements

Beyer, Tom beyer at jaguar.middlebury.edu
Wed Dec 8 03:13:48 UTC 1999

>>From an Admissions perspective Middlebury certainly recognizes Russian study
in high school as fulfilling our entry requirements.  it is true that
Russian no longer has an achievement exam  (SAT II) or an AP exam. Thus
students are disadvantaged vis-a-vis those who study French, Spanish or
German, and who can submit those scores with their applications.

On the other hand high school students would be well advised to explore
carefully the opportunities for study of Russian at the college level where
several places have reduced their offerings or discontinued the major
program in recent years.

Tom Beyer
Russian Dept.
Faculty Associate in Admissions