A 5 Day Rote Memory System

Adassovsky Georges gadassov at wanadoo.fr
Mon Dec 20 00:14:29 UTC 1999

>> [I'm currently, on and off, going through a Russian
>> translation of The Hobbit that I came across online.
>> Sure, it's not authentic Russian literature, but I know
>> the Hobbit story well enough to be able to figure out
>> certain things that otherwise would have me stumped)
>I find that's a really good short cut. I used to do it quite often with
>Welsh and I'm sure it got me well on the way to reading real Welsh
>literature.
>Daf

Reading with a dictionnary is a good way to learn a language. When you
forget a word, you are obliged to look in the dictionnary twice, or three
time, or more for the same word, and you are so upset that you don't forget
your words any more! But I prefer reading  in the original language books
I have read before in their translation. That's the way I learned English,
with Peter Cheney and James Hadley Chase. Of course, better to have a
dictionnary with phonetics indicated.
Georges