subtitled Russian films

Emil Draitser edraitse at shiva.hunter.cuny.edu
Wed Feb 3 11:34:13 UTC 1999

Dear Seelangers:

A related question/problem. I'm trying to refresh repertory of my class on
 Russian cinema at Hunter. I've checked Facets.org, Amazon.com, and kino.com web
 sites. Are there any other places where SUBTITLED Russian films can be
 purchased? Does IFEX have a web site? Films like "Garage", 'Fountain', "The
 Forty First", 'Beware of the car' are good for class dicussion, but I couldn't
 find any of them so far...

P.S. Many thanks to Elena Mihailik for posting info on the "Heart of a Dog."

Emil Draitser
Hunter College of CUNY

At 22:55 1/02/99 -0800, you wrote:
>If anyone knows where one can get this, please respond On-Line!  Also
>"Heart of a Dog" with subtitles...?
>
>Emily Fields

The subtitled version of the "Heart of a Dog" was done by the SBS
Television,Australia

Their external phone number is 612 94302828.

I'm not sure if there is a subtitled copy of "Ironia sud'by", but I'll try
to find out.

Elena Mikhailik
E.Mikhailik at unsw.edu.au