Russian Video -- Russian Folk Music

Benjamin Sher sher07 at bellsouth.net
Fri Feb 12 08:45:45 UTC 1999

Dear Colleagues:

Broadcast.com has just added a fine documentary on Russian Folk
Music at:

http://www.broadcast.com

(Video, Music)

or look for it on my Index (under Multimedia, Video, NOT under
Music)

Too bad it's only 22 minutes long. But it's first-rate. And, if you have
a chance to see it in broadband (that is, FastAccess) , you will enjoy
it so much the more. Sooner or later (rather sooner), everyone will
have FastAccess, and some of you probably already have it through
your university or through your Internet Provider. At any rate,
FastAccess is sweeping the Internet like a veritable tidal wave, and
it will soon be in your neighborhood either in the form of ADSL or
Cable. One thing is certain: the days of 56K are numbered.

It might be a good idea, if you enjoy this program (and in view of the
recent unfortunate disappearance of the five great Russian
documentaries from Broadcast.com) to write Broadcast.com (in fact,
any site that features a Russian video) a brief note thanking them for
it. It is only this way that we can hope to see more Russian video on
the Internet.

Thank you.

Benjamin

Benjamin Sher