List of very useful beginning Russian books?

Michael B. Younger Michael_Younger at tracor.com
Wed Feb 24 17:48:52 UTC 1999

I'm no expert at all, but in addition to beginning books
you should DEFINITELY get Genevra Gerhart's book
"The Russian's World:  Life and Language"; it is a treasure!

You might also check out Russian Life magazine; their site
is  www.russian-life.com  .

Hope this helps --

Michael Younger

(Disclaimer:  I have no connection either to Ms. Gerhart
or to the magazine.  I'm just a fan of the magazine and
a great admirer of Ms. Gerhart's book -- I wish there were
books like it for other countries/cultures/languages!)