Copyrights and the internet

Jeffrey S. Eagen eagen.1 at osu.edu
Thu Feb 25 04:19:25 UTC 1999

Seelangers,

Thank you for the responses about the copyright issue and the internet.  I
guess I should explain why I was asking.  I was perusing some of the sights
for various Russian authors and found no very good sight on Gogol (not even
on Ben Sher's voluminous list of links!).  So I was musing to myself that
perhaps it would be an interesting project to create one myself.  After
looking at some of the other sites and noticing that some offered
translations of various works I began to wonder about the issue of
copyright infringement.  I guess it's a project that would require more
legwork than I first thought.  If anyone who has created their own site on
an author has any advice on how they dealt with the issue, I would be very
greatfull.  Thank you again for your replies.

Jeffrey S Eagen
Center for Slavic and East European Studies
The Ohio State University
eagen.1 at osu.edu