Belarusian keyboard?

Kjetil Ra Hauge K.R.Hauge at easteur-orient.uio.no
Tue Jul 13 21:35:44 UTC 1999

>I am having difficulties.  I work on a Mac.  I am trying to put together a
>web page with a Belarusian friend and I am having difficulty with the
>letters peculiar to Belarusian.  I downloaded a Ukranian (actually several)
>keyboard layout and can type the letters the y with the little mark above
>it and the letter that looks like the English letter i, but when I save
                                                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>them, they change.

This seems to indicate that the problem is not in the keyboard layout ­ if
you are, as you say, actually able to type those characters, the problem i
elsewhere. Are you using some kind of "WYSIWYG" web-page authoring program?
It seems that some of these programs know nothing about Cyrillic and will
assume that you are trying to enter characters in the high ASCII of
Latin-1. You don't say what these characters change to, but that would be
useful to diagnosticize the problem.

-- Kjetil Rå Hauge, U. of Oslo. Phone +47/22856710, fax +47/22854140
-- (this msg sent from home, ph. +47/67148424, fax +1/5084372444 [eFax, U.S.])