AlternativeCyrillicKeyboard

Daf daf at meirionnydd.force9.co.uk
Thu Jul 15 17:41:22 UTC 1999

 Some of the
> font manufacturers actually sell Russian fonts with these oldish
> characters, but none sell accented vowels for classroom use.
> I don't need accented vowels as I don't teach Russian, but I
> definitely need to use `o. So I had to create my own fonts and
> keyboard driver, and I think perhaps you do, too.

One way round this is to purchase OUP Rus -Eng dictionary on CD. In my
experience this is not without bugs but is nevertheless useful and
installing it also seems to install the Times New Roman Cyrillic font. I
then copied all the stressed vowels from character map and I insert them by
find and replace. It sounds [well, is] longwinded but it does work. Of
course anyone needing to read your documents has to have that font.
Daf  [web page-http://www.meirionnydd.force9.co.uk]