SEEJ books-for-review update

Mary Elizabeth McLendon lisa.mc at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Jul 21 21:32:00 UTC 1999

Dear Sibelan,
I have ordered this book (packet) from RIS and would be happy to review it
for SEEJ once I get it.  I know it's not on the list, but it might be
something people would be interested in (plus, I've already paid for it so
you don't need to worry about getting it and sending it out).

"THROUGH RUSSIAN EYES

Announcing a brand-new secondary school curriculum for teaching about Russia -
designed and written by 15 Russian educators for their American counterparts.

After teaching for five months in American schools, these 15 Russian educators
compiled this book, including everything American secondary teachers need to
introduce their students to Russian history, culture, society and art.

Includes 10 lesson plans on literature, recent economic and political changes,
folk customs, history, the arts, architecture, the Russian character, and more!
The curriculum is designed to last 2 to 4 weeks of class time. Includes a
full-color, bilingual wall map, 17 slides and nearly a dozen handouts!

This is the first and only curriculum of its type! Available only through the
publisher, RIS Publications, publishers of Russian Life magazine."

Let me know.
Lisa McLendon