APPEAL- Guide to Scholars of Central Asia

John Schoeberlein centasia at fas.harvard.edu
Tue Jul 27 23:27:08 UTC 1999

APPEAL for assistance in collecting contact info -- Guide to Scholars of
       Central Asia

We are making one last push to collect information for the second edition
of the Guide to Scholars of Central Asia.  We are in the final stages of
data collection, so we need an URGENT REPLY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET
BEEN INCLUDED.  Information can be submitted on paper, by electronic mail,
and on the World Wide Web.  For information, please see below.

The Guide's purpose is to promote contacts and communication among scholars
in this field.  Included are scholars in the Social Sciences and Humanities
who have made some contribution to the study of Central Asia (as a minimum
for inclusion one must have at least 3 items of bibliography: articles,
books and/or a doctoral dissertation).  For these purposes, Central Asia is
defined as including the Central Asian states of Kazakstan, Kirghizstan,
Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, and closely related areas, such as
the Volga Basin, the Caucasus, Southwest Siberia, East Turkistan, Mongolia,
North Afghanistan, and Northeast Iran.  All time periods are included.

Please note: It is our goal to complete data-gathering by August 27, 1999.
The Guide will be published as a book, which will be available at minimal
cost, and also as a fully searchable electronic edition at the IREX World
Wide Web site.

Note to those who were included in the first edition: To be included in the
second edition, you must update your entry.  To update your entry, you can
a) send a photocopy of your Guide entry with changes, b) send us a request
for a form with your information via e-mail or post, or c) visit the
Forum's web page for further information (see addresses below).  If you are
not sure that we have received information you have sent, please check our
working list of scholars on the web:
http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~casww/CASWW_Scholars_of_CA.html

I thank you in advance for your assistance.  Your help will be appreciated
by those whose scholarship benefits from the links you help to make.

John Schoeberlein
Dr. John S. Schoeberlein \ Director
Forum for Central Asian Studies \ Harvard University
1737 Cambridge Street \ Cambridge, MA 02138 \ USA
tel.: (617) 495-4338  fax: (617) 495-8319
mailto:schoeber at fas.harvard.edu
Central Asia Forum Website: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~centasia/
<Central Asian Studies World Wide>: http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~casww/