Pysanky in literature, folklore

David J. Galloway djg11 at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 19 00:43:32 UTC 1999

Dear Seelangers:

I'm looking for materials in Russian or Ukrainian dealing with pysanky
(fabulates, tales, etc.)  Ideally these would be more story-like, for an
undergraduate readership, but anything would be valuable.  I'm familiar
with the small tidbits to be found in various English language
pysanky-making manuals and the more comprehensive material in the recent
"Dvadtsiat' kip pysanok" by Elyiw.  Any appearances in canonical artistic
literature (as opposed to folk genres) would also be of interest.  Please
respond directly to me at djg11 at cornell.edu rather than to the list.

David J. Galloway
Slavic Studies
236 Goldwin Smith Hall
Cornell University
Ithaca, NY 14853
Tel: (607) 255-8350
Fax:  (607) 255-1454
Email:  djg11 at cornell.edu

AATSEEL Intensive Language Programs page:
http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/intensive-programs/index.html
AATSEEL Endangered Programs page:
http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/endangered-programs/index.html