Danylo H. Struk has died

Maxim Tarnawsky tarn at chass.utoronto.ca
Mon Jun 21 14:04:53 UTC 1999

It is with great sadness that I must announce that my dear friend and
colleague, Danylo H. Struk, professor in the Department of Slavic Languages
and Literatures at the University of Toronto, Editor in Chief of the
Encyclopedia of Ukraine, Associate Director of the Canadian Institute of
Ukrainian Studies and director of the Shevchenko Scientific Society in
Western Europe, died in Munich, Germany on June 19, 1999.
He leaves behind his wife, Oksana, his mother, six children, and a sister,
to whom  I extend my sympathies and those of the members of the Department
of Slavic Languages and Literatures at the University of Toronto and the
Toronto office of the Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies.
The world of Ukrainian studies is much diminished by his passing.
Vichna iomu pamiat'.

Maxim Tarnawsky,  tarn at chass.utoronto.ca   (Ìàêñèì Òàðíàâñüêèé)
Canadian Institute of Ukrainian Studies Press
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Toronto,  21 Sussex Avenue.   Toronto, Ont. M5S 1A1
tel: 416-978-8240;       FAX: 416-978-2672;       http://www.utoronto.ca/cius