request for information

Beyer, Tom beyer at jaguar.middlebury.edu
Wed Jun 30 13:05:02 UTC 1999

Anyone who has tips can pass them along to Dr. Amerijibi directly.

I am a professor of Georgian Language and Linguistics at Tbilisi State
University in Tbilisi, Georgia and am also the Director of the International
Center for Georgian Language, also here in Tbilisi (
www.pirveli.com/org/icgl/ <http://www.pirveli.com/org/icgl/>).  I have
written a book, the first for non linguists on learning Georgian in English.
Do you have any advice on how to seek a university press in America to
publish it?  I am interested in anything you can send: advice, names of
publishers or university presses that may be interested, names of relevant
how-to publications, or relevant links.  Now that the book is finished, I
have no idea how to proceed with getting it published.  I took your name,
more or less at random, from the Middlebury Russian Department web page,
because of the reputation of your university.  Thank you for any help you
may be able to provide.  Feel free to forward this message to anybody you
think may be able to lend a hand.

Sincerely,

Rusudan Amirejibi
Rusiko Amirejibi [rusiko at caucasus.net]