Slavic and East European Folklore

David L. Cooper dc247 at columbia.edu
Fri Mar 5 15:23:49 UTC 1999

Dear Professor Bailey,

Your message on the Seelangs listserv concerning SEEFA has sat in my
inbox since late October, but I am only now responding. I would be
interested in presenting at the SEEFA conference this year, if I'm not
too late with my inquiry. I am working on a translation of Slovak
folktales by Pavol Dobsinky which may soon be picked up by M.E. Sharpe,
and I could present on any number of aspects of Dobsinsky's folkloric
work. In particular, I would be interested in exploring the relationship
of mythology and Christian doctrine in Dobsinsky's considerable
theoretical writings on folklore.

Please let me know if this is still a possibility.

Thanks,

Dave